Locations: All offices
Law Units: All units
Work Status: Full-Time
Be a part of a non-profit law firm that is committed to improving the lives of disadvantaged low-income and elderly individuals in our communities. With over 100 employees spread across seven offices in Louisiana, we acknowledge and honor all individuals’ values, worth, and dignity, and foster a culture of compassion, innovation, accountable stewardship, and integrity. A staff attorney will work both independently and collaboratively to achieve positive results for clients in various areas of civil law including family law, child-in-need-of-care (C.I.N.C), disaster recovery, domestic violence, public benefits, elder law, successions, housing, and consumer law. Note: According to Legal Services Corporation regulations, 45 CFR Part 1604: Outside practice of law, prohibits an outside practice of law while employed full-time at ALSC.
Positions are available in Shreveport, Monroe, Natchitoches, Alexandria, Lake Charles, and Lafayette. Successful candidates will become a part of an energetic and growing organization where legal representation allows us to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our clients. Join ALSC and make a difference in the lives of thousands of people throughout Louisiana.
Acadiana Legal Service Corporation seeks licensed, full-time staff attorneys to represent low-income and elderly clients with civil legal matters throughout the ALSC service area.
- Must hold a Louisiana State Bar license.
- Provide quality civil legal services to our low-income client population in a manner that encompasses respect, compassion, innovation, responsibility, and integrity.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including empathy, patience, and motivation to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary ranges between $55,805 and $75,000 for new attorneys
- $5,000 Hiring Incentive! All newly hired staff attorneys will be awarded a hiring and retention incentive. Half ($2,500) will be provided after the 90-work day probationary period and the other half ($2,500) will be paid if employed after one year from hire date.
- Relocation expenses assistance may be available. Must be able to relocate within 90 days to the job location where the vacancy exists.
- This position offers great fringe benefits that include paid employee health, vision, dental, and disability plans as well as a generous 403(b) retirement contribution plan.
- Professional development and continuing legal education and bar association dues paid by ALSC.
- Liberal leave policies including vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Staff attorneys may be eligible to participate in the Louisiana Bar Foundation’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program. This program offers financial assistance of up to $5,000 annually to attorneys carrying law school debt.
- Additionally, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program through the U.S. Department of Education, currently forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments are made under a qualifying repayment plan.
When you apply to join ALSC, We will collect personal data about you, such as what you include on your resume or application. We use this information to evaluate you throughout the recruitment process and it is only shared internally. We may also use the personal data you provide to evaluate you for other opportunities with ALSC.
Acadiana Legal Service Corporation (ALSC) is a private, non-profit law firm, providing free legal assistance in civil cases and education to low-income communities throughout 42 parishes in south, central, and north Louisiana. ALSC is an AA/EEO Employer.