Law Units: CINC
Work Status: Full-Time
Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. Be a part of a non-profit law firm, with 100+ employees in seven offices across Louisiana, that seeks legal justice while understanding the value of work-life balance. Work independently and as part of a team to obtain positive results for clients with a focus on civil law matters that include: Family Law, Child in Need of Care, Disaster Recovery, Domestic Violence, Public Benefits, Elder Law, Successions, Housing, and Consumer Law positions that are available in Alexandria, Franklin, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe, Natchitoches, and Shreveport. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be comfortable interacting with low income clients, and be able to learn electronic case management system.
The incumbent is responsible for providing important consultation to the child’s attorney and assist with enhancing representation in Child in Need of Care Cases. The social worker will assist with client visits, perform client assessments, identify service gaps and assist with providing input about the recommended case plan. The social worker will be instrumental in working through cases with complicated issues.
- Assist clients within the Child in Need of Care Unit by conducting broad assessments to identify problems.
- Interview clients to assess their situational needs and develop individual needs assessments.
- Review proposed case plans and do individual assessments and recommendations.
- Serve as a social worker resource in each CINC case.
- Plan and conduct regular follow-up meetings to assess progress and additional needs of clients.
- Review and modify recommended plans as circumstances change for the client.
- Identify and report on emerging or changing client needs.
- Work collaboratively with the CINC staff in a team like manner and community agencies to facilitate the delivery of quality legal services.
- Assist clients in navigating challenges/placement changes for foster care cases and/or challenges for family services cases.
- Work with the attorney / team to assist clients with avoiding or reducing the negative impacts of trauma.
- Attend court hearings and work with attorney in the handling of the case.
- Maintain client files according to firm documentation policy/procedure.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and trainings as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly/statistics/ and final grant reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
Masters – level social work professional with expertise in social work, mental health, education and/or child development to work in a team like manner to enhance the child representation resources in Child in Need of Care Cases. Social Worker must be able to assess the full range of social, physical, psychological, and educational needs of the child and work with the attorney to identify how identified needs along with legal needs can be successfully addressed. The Social Worker will provide important consultation to the attorney by evaluating each case on its individual merits. Ability to clearly communicate with the team, clients, co-workers and general community; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the team, staff, community representatives, and the general public; address issues in a timely manner; document work appropriately in the case management system; use provided office equipment efficiently, use good judgment, handle stress, take initiative, empathize with clients, and coordinate and motivate others to work as a team.
Incumbent must have a master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and two years of professional direct social service experience. Position require Licensure as a Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) or licensed as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners.
Salary and Benefits
Salary based on experience.
- 403(b) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
When you apply to join ALSC, We will collect personal data about you, such as what you include on your resume or application. We use this information to evaluate you throughout the recruitment process and it is only shared internally. We may also use the personal data you provide to evaluate you for other opportunities with ALSC.
Connect with Us!